Alagiri`s office reassigned for record keeping
Madurai: Madurai Corporation council on Wednesday
passed a resolution to reassign for record storing a
corporation building, which has been functioning as the office
of senior DMK leader MK Alagiri.
The building, which belongs to the corporation, has been
functioning as Union minister Alagiri`s office since September
Officials said that after the expansion of the Madurai
corporation area, the South Zone of the Corporation itself was
divided into four sectors, leading to lack of space for
storing all the records of the extended area.
Hence it was decided to use the MP`s office for
corporation record storing purpose, they said.
Madurai Corporation is one of the ten corporations in the
state in which AIADMK recently registered overwhelming victory
in the civic polls.
The resolution has been passed when Alagiri, son of DMK
chief M Karunanidhi, is away in Delhi to attend the winter
session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'