Alagiri`s son Durai Dayanidhi surrenders
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri`s son Durai Dayanidhi on Friday surrendered at a Madurai court three days after being granted anticipatory bail in connection with the multi-crore granite scam by the Madras High Court.
Durai has been on the run since August this year after his involvement in the illegal granite scam came to light.
On Monday, Justice CT Selvam of the Madurai bench of the court directed Dayanidhi to surrender his passport and also to appear daily at the Melur police station in Madurai district, where the case is registered against him, until further orders.
On August 7, cases were registered against 10 persons, including Durai Dayanidhi, charging companies owned by them with mining sand and granite without permission.
The action came close on the heels of a detailed survey of 175 granite quarrying sites by the district administration on a report by former District Collector U Sagayam, estimating loss to the state exchequer by illegal quarrying at Rs 16,338 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie