Alalgiri`s engineering college files another petition
Madurai: An engineering college owned by Union minister and DMK leader M K Alagiri`s family has filed a petition in the Madras High Court Bench, seeking temporary affiliation from Anna University of Technology Madurai for the year 2012-13.
Jeyakaran Grubb, authorised signatory for the petitioner, in the petition claimed that the Registrar had not taken any step on the court`s June 29 orders, directing the University to collect the inspection committee report on Daya Engineering college satisfying all rules of affiliation before July 3 and pass orders before July 7.
The committee had observed that all deficiencies in the college had been rectified and that all legal requirements for grant of affiliation had been complied with, Grubb said.
It was mandatory on the part of the Registrar to give affiliation. But he was allegedly delaying it based on communications sent to town and country planning and PWD departments, which were without any material or evidence.
There was no link between granting affiliation and questions raised by the PWD department, Grubb said.
AICTE had given recognition and the university should follow this after verifying the infrastructure. However, it was "deliberately" delaying it for political reasons, though it had given affiliations to two other similarly placed colleges, the petition said.
A week had lapsed since counselling started and local students desirous of joining the college were disappointed, Grubb said and prayed for a direction to the University to provide at least temporary affiliation for 2012-13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...