Alleged rapists friend spill beans into minors rape
Coimbatore: Police have launched a hunt for two culprits involved in the shocking abduction and rape of two minor girls from a hostel in Pollachi after one of their friend spilled the beans over the ghastly sexual assault.
A notorious eve-teaser whom the police picked up on suspicion has confessed during questioning that his friend Veerasami and another were behind heinous crime that occurred yesterday.
Police said here that six teams formed to nab the culprits have spread their net across the state.
Police said the arrested eve-teaser told them that his friends asked him to accompany before they kidnapped the girls aged between ten and eleven years and allegedly sexually assaulted them, but he declined.
The duo who knocked the door of the private hostel asking for water, pulled out the girls on the night of June 12, took them to a nearby building where they were allegedly raped.
The incident evoked condemnation and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa ordered that the culprits be brought to book and handed over severe punishment.
Meanwhile,the conditions of the victims who are undergoing treatment in hospital was stated to be improving.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her