Alleged rapists friend spill beans into minors rape
Coimbatore: Police have launched a hunt for two culprits involved in the shocking abduction and rape of two minor girls from a hostel in Pollachi after one of their friend spilled the beans over the ghastly sexual assault.
A notorious eve-teaser whom the police picked up on suspicion has confessed during questioning that his friend Veerasami and another were behind heinous crime that occurred yesterday.
Police said here that six teams formed to nab the culprits have spread their net across the state.
Police said the arrested eve-teaser told them that his friends asked him to accompany before they kidnapped the girls aged between ten and eleven years and allegedly sexually assaulted them, but he declined.
The duo who knocked the door of the private hostel asking for water, pulled out the girls on the night of June 12, took them to a nearby building where they were allegedly raped.
The incident evoked condemnation and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa ordered that the culprits be brought to book and handed over severe punishment.
Meanwhile,the conditions of the victims who are undergoing treatment in hospital was stated to be improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan