Allottment for cyclone relief `paltry`: Sarath
Tiruchirappalli: Charging the United
Progressive Alliance government at the Centre of being biased
against non-Congress governments, actor and All India
Samathuva Makkal Katchi leader, Sarath Kumar, on Saturday said
Central allotment for areas in Tamil Nadu hit by the Thane
cyclone was "paltry" and showed its "peevish attitude" towards
While the damage caused by the Dec 30 cyclone to the crops
and infrastrucure was to the tune of Rs 4,000 crore, the
Centre had sanctioned only Rs 350 crore, he said.
Kumar also alleged that the Union ministers from Tamil Nadu
also did not care about the state, doing "nothing but amassing
wealth for themselves". Under the circumstances, the Tamil
Nadu government was doing its best in providing cyclone
relief, he said.
Regarding the the frequent changing of ministers in the
state, he said "One should only see the end result. It is the
prerogative of the Chief Minister to change the ministers".
Charging that the Centre did not treat the Tamil fishermen
as Indian fishermen, he said attacks on Tamil fishermen
allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy continued ever after External
Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s visit to the island nation
He added that his party would campaign for the ruling party
in the upcoming Sankarankuvoil by-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand