Anbazhagan, Stalin to lead meetings against govt
Chennai: DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan
and Treasurer M K Stalin would be among its senior leaders who
will lead protest meetings across the state on December 1
condemning the ruling AIADMK on issues including the recent
hike in bus fares and milk prices.
Stalin and Anbazhagan will address the public meetings at
Ramanathapuram and North Chennai respectively, a DMK release
Within months of taking over, the Jayalalithaa government
had burdened the people with over Rs 4,000 crore in taxes
besides hiking bus fares and milk prices overnight which has
affected all sections of the society, the release said.
The protest meetings would be held at all district
headquarters including Salem, Tiruvannamalai, Coimbatore,
Madurai and Kanyakumari districts on December 1, it said.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi