Anbazhagan, Stalin to lead meetings against govt
Chennai: DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan
and Treasurer M K Stalin would be among its senior leaders who
will lead protest meetings across the state on December 1
condemning the ruling AIADMK on issues including the recent
hike in bus fares and milk prices.
Stalin and Anbazhagan will address the public meetings at
Ramanathapuram and North Chennai respectively, a DMK release
Within months of taking over, the Jayalalithaa government
had burdened the people with over Rs 4,000 crore in taxes
besides hiking bus fares and milk prices overnight which has
affected all sections of the society, the release said.
The protest meetings would be held at all district
headquarters including Salem, Tiruvannamalai, Coimbatore,
Madurai and Kanyakumari districts on December 1, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security