Anbazhagan, Stalin to lead meetings against TN govt
Chennai: DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan
and Treasurer MK Stalin would be among its senior leaders who
will lead protest meetings across the state on December 1
condemning the ruling AIADMK on issues including the recent
hike in bus fares and milk prices.
Stalin and Anbazhagan will address the public meetings at
Ramanathapuram and North Chennai respectively, a DMK release
Within months of taking over, the Jayalalithaa government
had burdened the people with over Rs 4,000 crore in taxes
besides hiking bus fares and milk prices overnight which has
affected all sections of the society, the release said.
The protest meetings would be held at all district
headquarters including Salem, Tiruvannamalai, Coimbatore,
Madurai and Kanyakumari districts on December 1, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users