Anbazhagan, Stalin to lead meetings against TN govt
Chennai: DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan
and Treasurer MK Stalin would be among its senior leaders who
will lead protest meetings across the state on December 1
condemning the ruling AIADMK on issues including the recent
hike in bus fares and milk prices.
Stalin and Anbazhagan will address the public meetings at
Ramanathapuram and North Chennai respectively, a DMK release
Within months of taking over, the Jayalalithaa government
had burdened the people with over Rs 4,000 crore in taxes
besides hiking bus fares and milk prices overnight which has
affected all sections of the society, the release said.
The protest meetings would be held at all district
headquarters including Salem, Tiruvannamalai, Coimbatore,
Madurai and Kanyakumari districts on December 1, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC