Anbazhagan, Stalin to lead meetings against TN govt
Chennai: DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan
and Treasurer MK Stalin would be among its senior leaders who
will lead protest meetings across the state on December 1
condemning the ruling AIADMK on issues including the recent
hike in bus fares and milk prices.
Stalin and Anbazhagan will address the public meetings at
Ramanathapuram and North Chennai respectively, a DMK release
Within months of taking over, the Jayalalithaa government
had burdened the people with over Rs 4,000 crore in taxes
besides hiking bus fares and milk prices overnight which has
affected all sections of the society, the release said.
The protest meetings would be held at all district
headquarters including Salem, Tiruvannamalai, Coimbatore,
Madurai and Kanyakumari districts on December 1, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'