Anbumani Ramadoss granted conditional bail
Kancheepuram: Former union minister and PMK leader, Anbumani Ramadoss, who was arrested recently in connection with a case filed last year, has been granted conditional bail by a local court here.
On May 6, a local court had granted bail to Anbumani, arrested on May 3 for offences, including unlawful assembly and rioting at a PMK function at Mamallapuram last year. He was re-arrested on similar charges in connection with a case relating to a party function at the same spot last month and remanded till May 17.
After a fresh bail plea was filed, Thirukazhukundram Munisif Court Magistrate Siva granted him conditional bail yesterday. As part of the bail conditions, he has to report to the police station at Mamallapuram.
Police sources said he is yet to get bail in another case filed by Tindivanam police.
The court sent PMK MLA Guru, who was arrested on April 30 along with PMK founder and Anbumani`s father, S Ramadoss, in Villupuram for violating prohibitory orders, to two days police custody for an alleged hate speech at the Vanniyar community`s youth conference at Mamallapuram last month.
Police said 17 PMK workers were booked for allegedly trying to block a Tirupati-bound train from Puducherry at Maduranthakam, yesterday.
Three passengers were injured when a government bus proceeding to Mamallapuram from Chennai was stoned near Punjeri yesterday.
Violent incidents, including torching and stoning of government buses were reported from parts of the state last week following the arrest of Ramadoss and Anbumani in the wake of April 25 violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district, allegedly targeting Dalits.
Police said over 420 persons have been arrested in connection with the violence in Kacheepuraam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert