Anbumani Ramadoss granted conditional bail
Kancheepuram: Former union minister and PMK leader, Anbumani Ramadoss, who was arrested recently in connection with a case filed last year, has been granted conditional bail by a local court here.
On May 6, a local court had granted bail to Anbumani, arrested on May 3 for offences, including unlawful assembly and rioting at a PMK function at Mamallapuram last year. He was re-arrested on similar charges in connection with a case relating to a party function at the same spot last month and remanded till May 17.
After a fresh bail plea was filed, Thirukazhukundram Munisif Court Magistrate Siva granted him conditional bail yesterday. As part of the bail conditions, he has to report to the police station at Mamallapuram.
Police sources said he is yet to get bail in another case filed by Tindivanam police.
The court sent PMK MLA Guru, who was arrested on April 30 along with PMK founder and Anbumani`s father, S Ramadoss, in Villupuram for violating prohibitory orders, to two days police custody for an alleged hate speech at the Vanniyar community`s youth conference at Mamallapuram last month.
Police said 17 PMK workers were booked for allegedly trying to block a Tirupati-bound train from Puducherry at Maduranthakam, yesterday.
Three passengers were injured when a government bus proceeding to Mamallapuram from Chennai was stoned near Punjeri yesterday.
Violent incidents, including torching and stoning of government buses were reported from parts of the state last week following the arrest of Ramadoss and Anbumani in the wake of April 25 violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district, allegedly targeting Dalits.
Police said over 420 persons have been arrested in connection with the violence in Kacheepuraam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA