Animal centre for R&D on pharmaceuticals in TN
Tiruchirappalli: A central animal facility has been set up at city based Bhathidasan Institute of Technology, a unit of Anna university, Chennai, for carrying out basic and advanced research on Pharmaceutical technology.
P Selvamani, a scientist, said the facility was a registered one, with a committee for control and supervision of experiments on animals. The research would be carried as per the guidelines of the Environment Ministry.
Quality control work through genetic and microbial monitoring, computerised documentation, universal animal identification system and periodic calibration and validations of all equipment would be carried out at the centre, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!