Animal centre for R&D on pharmaceuticals in TN
Tiruchirappalli: A central animal facility has been set up at city based Bhathidasan Institute of Technology, a unit of Anna university, Chennai, for carrying out basic and advanced research on Pharmaceutical technology.
P Selvamani, a scientist, said the facility was a registered one, with a committee for control and supervision of experiments on animals. The research would be carried as per the guidelines of the Environment Ministry.
Quality control work through genetic and microbial monitoring, computerised documentation, universal animal identification system and periodic calibration and validations of all equipment would be carried out at the centre, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security