Animal centre for R&D on pharmaceuticals in TN
Tiruchirappalli: A central animal facility has been set up at city based Bhathidasan Institute of Technology, a unit of Anna university, Chennai, for carrying out basic and advanced research on Pharmaceutical technology.
P Selvamani, a scientist, said the facility was a registered one, with a committee for control and supervision of experiments on animals. The research would be carried as per the guidelines of the Environment Ministry.
Quality control work through genetic and microbial monitoring, computerised documentation, universal animal identification system and periodic calibration and validations of all equipment would be carried out at the centre, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'