Animal centre for R&D on pharmaceuticals in TN
Tiruchirappalli: A central animal facility has been set up at city based Bhathidasan Institute of Technology, a unit of Anna university, Chennai, for carrying out basic and advanced research on Pharmaceutical technology.
P Selvamani, a scientist, said the facility was a registered one, with a committee for control and supervision of experiments on animals. The research would be carried as per the guidelines of the Environment Ministry.
Quality control work through genetic and microbial monitoring, computerised documentation, universal animal identification system and periodic calibration and validations of all equipment would be carried out at the centre, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband