Anna Hazare movement fully behind anti-nuke protesters: Kejriwal
Kudankulam: Anti-corruption activist and member of disbanded Team Anna, Arvind Kejriwal, on Tuesday said his team fully backed the agitation against Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant.
"I am part of the Anna Hazare movement, part of the movement against corruption. We are fully with you. We stand by you...We are willing to do whatever you want us to do for you," he told the agitators here.
Kejriwal said there was no basis to the authorities` claim that KNPP, an Indo-Russian Joint Venture, employs the latest technology and pointed out that Russia has not built any nuclear plant after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
"Russia has not built any nuclear plant since 1986 after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. So how can the government claim that KNPP has been built with the latest technology?" he asked.
Kejriwal said standards followed by nuclear power plants stipulated that 70 safety measures be followed "but I was told by people here this has not been complied with in KNPP".
He demanded that all confidential documents regarding the plant be made public.
He urged SP Udayakumar, convenor of People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), not to surrender, saying this would adversely affect the movement and demanded that authorities withdraw all cases against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city