Anna Hazare movement fully behind anti-nuke protesters: Kejriwal
Kudankulam: Anti-corruption activist and member of disbanded Team Anna, Arvind Kejriwal, on Tuesday said his team fully backed the agitation against Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant.
"I am part of the Anna Hazare movement, part of the movement against corruption. We are fully with you. We stand by you...We are willing to do whatever you want us to do for you," he told the agitators here.
Kejriwal said there was no basis to the authorities` claim that KNPP, an Indo-Russian Joint Venture, employs the latest technology and pointed out that Russia has not built any nuclear plant after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
"Russia has not built any nuclear plant since 1986 after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. So how can the government claim that KNPP has been built with the latest technology?" he asked.
Kejriwal said standards followed by nuclear power plants stipulated that 70 safety measures be followed "but I was told by people here this has not been complied with in KNPP".
He demanded that all confidential documents regarding the plant be made public.
He urged SP Udayakumar, convenor of People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), not to surrender, saying this would adversely affect the movement and demanded that authorities withdraw all cases against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16