Anna Hazare movement fully behind anti-nuke protesters: Kejriwal
Kudankulam: Anti-corruption activist and member of disbanded Team Anna, Arvind Kejriwal, on Tuesday said his team fully backed the agitation against Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant.
"I am part of the Anna Hazare movement, part of the movement against corruption. We are fully with you. We stand by you...We are willing to do whatever you want us to do for you," he told the agitators here.
Kejriwal said there was no basis to the authorities` claim that KNPP, an Indo-Russian Joint Venture, employs the latest technology and pointed out that Russia has not built any nuclear plant after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
"Russia has not built any nuclear plant since 1986 after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. So how can the government claim that KNPP has been built with the latest technology?" he asked.
Kejriwal said standards followed by nuclear power plants stipulated that 70 safety measures be followed "but I was told by people here this has not been complied with in KNPP".
He demanded that all confidential documents regarding the plant be made public.
He urged SP Udayakumar, convenor of People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), not to surrender, saying this would adversely affect the movement and demanded that authorities withdraw all cases against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you