Anna library: DMK signature drive against shifting
Chennai: As part of a campaign to protest against the ruling AIADMK`s move to shift the Anna Centenary Library from its present location, the DMK has collected more than one lakh signatures which will be submitted to the Tamil Nadu Governor on Friday.
DMK Treasurer M K Stalin leading a delegation of senior
functionaries including Students Wing Secretary
Ela.Pugazhenthi and Deputy Secretary C Jerald is scheduled to
submit the 1.17 lakh signatures obtained as part of the
campaign, to the governor, a DMK release here said.
Signatures include those of teachers and students of
schools and colleges among others, it added.
Among reversal of schemes launched by the previous DMK
regime, AIADMK had announced converting the modern library
into a children`s hospital, drawing flak from the opposition
The Madras High Court had, however, stayed the shifting of
the library from its present premises at Kotturpuram.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India