Anna library: DMK signature drive against shifting
Chennai: As part of a campaign to protest against the ruling AIADMK`s move to shift the Anna Centenary Library from its present location, the DMK has collected more than one lakh signatures which will be submitted to the Tamil Nadu Governor on Friday.
DMK Treasurer M K Stalin leading a delegation of senior
functionaries including Students Wing Secretary
Ela.Pugazhenthi and Deputy Secretary C Jerald is scheduled to
submit the 1.17 lakh signatures obtained as part of the
campaign, to the governor, a DMK release here said.
Signatures include those of teachers and students of
schools and colleges among others, it added.
Among reversal of schemes launched by the previous DMK
regime, AIADMK had announced converting the modern library
into a children`s hospital, drawing flak from the opposition
The Madras High Court had, however, stayed the shifting of
the library from its present premises at Kotturpuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences