Anna library: DMK signature drive against shifting
Chennai: As part of a campaign to protest against the ruling AIADMK`s move to shift the Anna Centenary Library from its present location, the DMK has collected more than one lakh signatures which will be submitted to the Tamil Nadu Governor on Friday.
DMK Treasurer M K Stalin leading a delegation of senior
functionaries including Students Wing Secretary
Ela.Pugazhenthi and Deputy Secretary C Jerald is scheduled to
submit the 1.17 lakh signatures obtained as part of the
campaign, to the governor, a DMK release here said.
Signatures include those of teachers and students of
schools and colleges among others, it added.
Among reversal of schemes launched by the previous DMK
regime, AIADMK had announced converting the modern library
into a children`s hospital, drawing flak from the opposition
The Madras High Court had, however, stayed the shifting of
the library from its present premises at Kotturpuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31