Anna library: DMK signature drive against shifting
Chennai: As part of a campaign to protest against the ruling AIADMK`s move to shift the Anna Centenary Library from its present location, the DMK has collected more than one lakh signatures which will be submitted to the Tamil Nadu Governor on Friday.
DMK Treasurer M K Stalin leading a delegation of senior
functionaries including Students Wing Secretary
Ela.Pugazhenthi and Deputy Secretary C Jerald is scheduled to
submit the 1.17 lakh signatures obtained as part of the
campaign, to the governor, a DMK release here said.
Signatures include those of teachers and students of
schools and colleges among others, it added.
Among reversal of schemes launched by the previous DMK
regime, AIADMK had announced converting the modern library
into a children`s hospital, drawing flak from the opposition
The Madras High Court had, however, stayed the shifting of
the library from its present premises at Kotturpuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach