Anna University directed to provide affiliation to college
Madurai: The Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court has directed the Anna University of Technology, Madurai, to provide affiliation to an Engineering College run by a Trust of Union Minister M K Alagiri`s family, according to law as per an earlier court order, before July 7.
A Division Bench of Justices R Banumathi and B Rajendran directed the AUT to get the report from the Inspection Committee on or before July 3, and pass an order on or before July 7.
Counselling is scheduled to commence from the second week of July and the Daya College of Engineering should be in a position to participate in the counselling process.
The college, run by the MK Alagiri Educational Trust, submitted that during the "original inspection" on July 25 last, three deficiencies were pointed out and they had been rectified.
Hence in the earlier round of litigations, the Court had directed the AUT to reconsider the matter (giving affiliation to the college) afresh in tune with the orders passed earlier.
The same should be considered now, the judges said.
The Judges, who partially allowed the appeal filed by the college, said the whole thing of providing affiliation depended on the inspection report.
The AUT subsequently had filed a petition and got a court order on May 9 this year to inspect on or before May 30 and the college was also directed to cooperate.
The Additional Advocate General had stated that they were waiting for the report of the committee and they would pass orders in accordance with law as per earlier directions. In view of the subsequent development, the question of granting temporary affiliation, as prayed by the college, at this point of time does not arise, the court said.
The college has also obtained necessary renewal for the academic year 2012-2013 from the AICTE. "Therefore, pursuant to the earlier directions, the University will pass orders on the affiliation of the college in accordance with law on or before July 7 without fail," the judges said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?