Annalalai University closed indefinitely
Chidambaram (TN): Annamalai University here was Wednesday closed indefinitely following a strike called by its employees from November 14, a top official said today.
University Vice-Chancellor Ramanathan said examinations scheduled to be held in coming days had also been postponed and new dates would be announced later.
The V-C said hostel students had been asked to vacate the hostel immediately.
The employees have called for the strike protesting reported move by the university to cut down staff strength and salary.
The V-C, however, denied any such move and described it as rumours. He urged the employees not to fall a prey to such rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him