Annalalai University closed indefinitely
Chidambaram (TN): Annamalai University here was Wednesday closed indefinitely following a strike called by its employees from November 14, a top official said today.
University Vice-Chancellor Ramanathan said examinations scheduled to be held in coming days had also been postponed and new dates would be announced later.
The V-C said hostel students had been asked to vacate the hostel immediately.
The employees have called for the strike protesting reported move by the university to cut down staff strength and salary.
The V-C, however, denied any such move and described it as rumours. He urged the employees not to fall a prey to such rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends