Another ex-DMK minister arrested for land grab
Chennai: Former DMK minister MP Swaminathan was arrested at Tirupur near Coimbatore on Monday morning in connection with a case of land grab.
The former state highways minister, Swaminathan has been accused of land grabbing and criminal intimidation. He is also facing charges of organising kangaroo courts.
Ever since the DMK lost power last April in Tamil Nadu, its ex ministers have come under the lens. So far, four DMK ministers have been arrested in connection with land grabbing.
The three others - Veerapandi Arumugham, K Ponmudi and KN Nehru – have been released on bail by courts.
Another former minister, KP Samy is also out on bail after he was arrested in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery