Another ex-DMK minister arrested for land grab
Chennai: Former DMK minister MP Swaminathan was arrested at Tirupur near Coimbatore on Monday morning in connection with a case of land grab.
The former state highways minister, Swaminathan has been accused of land grabbing and criminal intimidation. He is also facing charges of organising kangaroo courts.
Ever since the DMK lost power last April in Tamil Nadu, its ex ministers have come under the lens. So far, four DMK ministers have been arrested in connection with land grabbing.
The three others - Veerapandi Arumugham, K Ponmudi and KN Nehru – have been released on bail by courts.
Another former minister, KP Samy is also out on bail after he was arrested in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh