Another ex-DMK minister arrested for land grab
Chennai: Former DMK minister MP Swaminathan was arrested at Tirupur near Coimbatore on Monday morning in connection with a case of land grab.
The former state highways minister, Swaminathan has been accused of land grabbing and criminal intimidation. He is also facing charges of organising kangaroo courts.
Ever since the DMK lost power last April in Tamil Nadu, its ex ministers have come under the lens. So far, four DMK ministers have been arrested in connection with land grabbing.
The three others - Veerapandi Arumugham, K Ponmudi and KN Nehru – have been released on bail by courts.
Another former minister, KP Samy is also out on bail after he was arrested in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'