Another ex-DMK minister arrested for land grab
Chennai: Former DMK minister MP Swaminathan was arrested at Tirupur near Coimbatore on Monday morning in connection with a case of land grab.
The former state highways minister, Swaminathan has been accused of land grabbing and criminal intimidation. He is also facing charges of organising kangaroo courts.
Ever since the DMK lost power last April in Tamil Nadu, its ex ministers have come under the lens. So far, four DMK ministers have been arrested in connection with land grabbing.
The three others - Veerapandi Arumugham, K Ponmudi and KN Nehru – have been released on bail by courts.
Another former minister, KP Samy is also out on bail after he was arrested in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Shaharyar Khan hints at stepping down in August
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation