Another ex-DMK minister arrested for land grab
Chennai: Former DMK minister MP Swaminathan was arrested at Tirupur near Coimbatore on Monday morning in connection with a case of land grab.
The former state highways minister, Swaminathan has been accused of land grabbing and criminal intimidation. He is also facing charges of organising kangaroo courts.
Ever since the DMK lost power last April in Tamil Nadu, its ex ministers have come under the lens. So far, four DMK ministers have been arrested in connection with land grabbing.
The three others - Veerapandi Arumugham, K Ponmudi and KN Nehru – have been released on bail by courts.
Another former minister, KP Samy is also out on bail after he was arrested in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum