Another son rises in PMK
Chennai: Once again the son bug has bitten the Tamil Nadu political party Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK).
After Anbumani Ramadoss, the son of PMK founder S Ramadoss, it is the turn of PMK party president GK Mani`s son Tamizhkumaran to aim for a public position.
The party has selected Tamizhkumaran as its candidate for the Pennagaram assembly constituency, from which a bypoll will be held soon.
While Anbumani entered parliament via the Rajya Sabha, Tamizhkumaran will have to fight it out against candidates from the DMK, AIADMK and DMDK.
In recent times, the state`s ruling DMK has been fielding the sons of its legislators whose deaths have caused bypolls.
From Pennagaram, the DMK has nominated PNP Inbasekaran, son of PN Periannan whose death has forced the bypoll.
In the recent bypoll at Vandavasi, the party had fielded J Kamalakannan, son of its late legislator Jayaraman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!