Another son rises in PMK
Chennai: Once again the son bug has bitten the Tamil Nadu political party Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK).
After Anbumani Ramadoss, the son of PMK founder S Ramadoss, it is the turn of PMK party president GK Mani`s son Tamizhkumaran to aim for a public position.
The party has selected Tamizhkumaran as its candidate for the Pennagaram assembly constituency, from which a bypoll will be held soon.
While Anbumani entered parliament via the Rajya Sabha, Tamizhkumaran will have to fight it out against candidates from the DMK, AIADMK and DMDK.
In recent times, the state`s ruling DMK has been fielding the sons of its legislators whose deaths have caused bypolls.
From Pennagaram, the DMK has nominated PNP Inbasekaran, son of PN Periannan whose death has forced the bypoll.
In the recent bypoll at Vandavasi, the party had fielded J Kamalakannan, son of its late legislator Jayaraman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price