Another son rises in PMK
Chennai: Once again the son bug has bitten the Tamil Nadu political party Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK).
After Anbumani Ramadoss, the son of PMK founder S Ramadoss, it is the turn of PMK party president GK Mani`s son Tamizhkumaran to aim for a public position.
The party has selected Tamizhkumaran as its candidate for the Pennagaram assembly constituency, from which a bypoll will be held soon.
While Anbumani entered parliament via the Rajya Sabha, Tamizhkumaran will have to fight it out against candidates from the DMK, AIADMK and DMDK.
In recent times, the state`s ruling DMK has been fielding the sons of its legislators whose deaths have caused bypolls.
From Pennagaram, the DMK has nominated PNP Inbasekaran, son of PN Periannan whose death has forced the bypoll.
In the recent bypoll at Vandavasi, the party had fielded J Kamalakannan, son of its late legislator Jayaraman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why