Another son rises in PMK
Chennai: Once again the son bug has bitten the Tamil Nadu political party Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK).
After Anbumani Ramadoss, the son of PMK founder S Ramadoss, it is the turn of PMK party president GK Mani`s son Tamizhkumaran to aim for a public position.
The party has selected Tamizhkumaran as its candidate for the Pennagaram assembly constituency, from which a bypoll will be held soon.
While Anbumani entered parliament via the Rajya Sabha, Tamizhkumaran will have to fight it out against candidates from the DMK, AIADMK and DMDK.
In recent times, the state`s ruling DMK has been fielding the sons of its legislators whose deaths have caused bypolls.
From Pennagaram, the DMK has nominated PNP Inbasekaran, son of PN Periannan whose death has forced the bypoll.
In the recent bypoll at Vandavasi, the party had fielded J Kamalakannan, son of its late legislator Jayaraman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie