Anti-KNPP activists hold mock funeral
Koodankulam: Activists protesting against
the nuclear power plant staged a mock funeral of the
controversial project `cremating` its model here on Monday.
Thousands of residents of this coastal village took part in
the `funeral procession` organised to coincide with Mahatma
Gandhi`s death anniversary and cremated the model of the
Leader of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy S P
Udhayakumar, who led the procession, said it was the Congress
under the leadership of Gandhi that got freedom for the
country. Now it was the same party that was `trying to
mortgage` the country to foreign powers, he charged.
PMANE activists wailed and beat their chest, paradoxically,
to mourn the death of nuclear power plant. Three persons, who
performed the `cremation, later took bath, as was done in any
death ceremony and had their head tonsured.
PMANE convenor Pushparayan also participated in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!