Anti-KNPP activists hold mock funeral
Koodankulam (TN): Activists protesting against
the nuclear power plant staged a mock funeral of the
controversial project `cremating` its model here on Monday.
Thousands of residents of this coastal village took part in
the `funeral procession` organised to coincide with Mahathma
Gandhi`s death anniversary and cremated the model of the
Leader of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy S P
Udhayakumar, who led the procession, said it was the Congress
under the leadership of Gandhi that got freedom for the
country. Now it was the same party that was `trying to
mortgage` the country to foreign powers, he charged.
PMANE activists wailed and beat their chest, paradoxically,
to mourn the death of nuclear power plant. Three persons, who
performed the `cremation, later took bath, as was done in any
death ceremony and had their head tonsured.
PMANE Convenor Pushparayan also participated in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!