Anti nuke activists demand action against police officials
Chennai: Leaders of People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE) have urged the Tamil Nadu government to institute an inquiry against DSP (Valliyoor) and Kudankulam police inspector for allegedly acting with "vendetta in a vindictive manner against them".
In a petition to State Home Secretary and top police officials, PMANE leaders S P Udayakumar, M Pushparayan, M P Jesuraj, R S Mugilan and V Rajalingam said many false criminal cases were fabricated against them.
Claiming that three of them (Udayakumar, Pushparayan and Jesuraj) were falsely implicated even in a fisticuffs between two families at Idinthakarai on September 19, the PMANE leaders said "we had nothing to do with the family feud whatsoever and the complainants have confessed that they had not even mentioned our names in their complaints or depositions."
Citing the judgements of Supreme Court and the Madras High Court on Kudankulam nuclear plant issue, both of which recommended withdrawal of all criminal cases against the agitators to restore peace and normalcy in Kudankulam, the PMANE leaders said "but the Tamil Nadu government has not taken any effort to withdraw the cases against the nonviolent protesters."
"Instead, the Kudankulam police have been filing more and more criminal cases to keep us all under their clutches and to harass us," the PMANE alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha