Anti nuke activists demand action against police officials
Chennai: Leaders of People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE) have urged the Tamil Nadu government to institute an inquiry against DSP (Valliyoor) and Kudankulam police inspector for allegedly acting with "vendetta in a vindictive manner against them".
In a petition to State Home Secretary and top police officials, PMANE leaders S P Udayakumar, M Pushparayan, M P Jesuraj, R S Mugilan and V Rajalingam said many false criminal cases were fabricated against them.
Claiming that three of them (Udayakumar, Pushparayan and Jesuraj) were falsely implicated even in a fisticuffs between two families at Idinthakarai on September 19, the PMANE leaders said "we had nothing to do with the family feud whatsoever and the complainants have confessed that they had not even mentioned our names in their complaints or depositions."
Citing the judgements of Supreme Court and the Madras High Court on Kudankulam nuclear plant issue, both of which recommended withdrawal of all criminal cases against the agitators to restore peace and normalcy in Kudankulam, the PMANE leaders said "but the Tamil Nadu government has not taken any effort to withdraw the cases against the nonviolent protesters."
"Instead, the Kudankulam police have been filing more and more criminal cases to keep us all under their clutches and to harass us," the PMANE alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliament witnessed uproarious scenes AAP leader Bhagwant Mann's video
- VIDEO: Beautiful Voice! WATCH Sunny Leone sing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!