Antique idol worth Rs 3 crore stolen from businessman`s house
Salem: A 120 kg antique `Panchaloha` idol, estimated to be worth around Rs three crore, has been stolen from a businessman`s house by nine robbers here.
Two members of the gang had approached the businessman last night to purchase the idol after coming to know that he planned to sell it, police said.
They negotiated the price with the businessman for buying the 2.5 foot `dancing Nataraja` idol and called in seven other members of the gang, who were waiting outside the house.
The nine robbers beat up the businessman and his wife and then fled with the idol in a Multi Utility Vehicle.
Police said all airports have been alerted, as also all check posts to nab the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!