Antique idol worth Rs 3 crore stolen from businessman`s house
Salem: A 120 kg antique `Panchaloha` idol, estimated to be worth around Rs three crore, has been stolen from a businessman`s house by nine robbers here.
Two members of the gang had approached the businessman last night to purchase the idol after coming to know that he planned to sell it, police said.
They negotiated the price with the businessman for buying the 2.5 foot `dancing Nataraja` idol and called in seven other members of the gang, who were waiting outside the house.
The nine robbers beat up the businessman and his wife and then fled with the idol in a Multi Utility Vehicle.
Police said all airports have been alerted, as also all check posts to nab the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda