Antique idol worth Rs 3 crore stolen from businessman`s house
Salem: A 120 kg antique `Panchaloha` idol, estimated to be worth around Rs three crore, has been stolen from a businessman`s house by nine robbers here.
Two members of the gang had approached the businessman last night to purchase the idol after coming to know that he planned to sell it, police said.
They negotiated the price with the businessman for buying the 2.5 foot `dancing Nataraja` idol and called in seven other members of the gang, who were waiting outside the house.
The nine robbers beat up the businessman and his wife and then fled with the idol in a Multi Utility Vehicle.
Police said all airports have been alerted, as also all check posts to nab the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17