Antique idol worth Rs 3 crore stolen from businessman`s house
Salem: A 120 kg antique `Panchaloha` idol, estimated to be worth around Rs three crore, has been stolen from a businessman`s house by nine robbers here.
Two members of the gang had approached the businessman last night to purchase the idol after coming to know that he planned to sell it, police said.
They negotiated the price with the businessman for buying the 2.5 foot `dancing Nataraja` idol and called in seven other members of the gang, who were waiting outside the house.
The nine robbers beat up the businessman and his wife and then fled with the idol in a Multi Utility Vehicle.
Police said all airports have been alerted, as also all check posts to nab the gang.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani