Antique idol worth Rs 3 crore stolen from businessman`s house
Salem: A 120 kg antique `Panchaloha` idol, estimated to be worth around Rs three crore, has been stolen from a businessman`s house by nine robbers here.
Two members of the gang had approached the businessman last night to purchase the idol after coming to know that he planned to sell it, police said.
They negotiated the price with the businessman for buying the 2.5 foot `dancing Nataraja` idol and called in seven other members of the gang, who were waiting outside the house.
The nine robbers beat up the businessman and his wife and then fled with the idol in a Multi Utility Vehicle.
Police said all airports have been alerted, as also all check posts to nab the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!