Antony thanks Karuna for DMK`s Rs 25 lakh donation
Chennai: Centre on Monday thanked DMK chief M Karunanidhi for his party`s gesture of donating Rs 25 lakh towards flood-relief activities in Uttarakhand.
In a brief letter sent to Karunanidhi, Defence Minister AK Antony said he was "extremely happy" to have received a cheque for the said amount from DMK MP T R Baalu towards the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund on Saturday.
Antony said he had forwarded the cheque to the Prime Minister and "intimated your deep concerns for the victims of the natural calamity," in that state.
"Thanks for your gesture and concerns," Antony said in the letter a copy of which was released to media by the DMK headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal