Antony thanks Karuna for DMK`s Rs 25 lakh donation
Chennai: Centre on Monday thanked DMK chief M Karunanidhi for his party`s gesture of donating Rs 25 lakh towards flood-relief activities in Uttarakhand.
In a brief letter sent to Karunanidhi, Defence Minister AK Antony said he was "extremely happy" to have received a cheque for the said amount from DMK MP T R Baalu towards the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund on Saturday.
Antony said he had forwarded the cheque to the Prime Minister and "intimated your deep concerns for the victims of the natural calamity," in that state.
"Thanks for your gesture and concerns," Antony said in the letter a copy of which was released to media by the DMK headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!