AP: 32 TDP MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: With the movement for
Telangana gathering steam, 32 MLAs from the region belonging
to main opposition TDP on Wednesday resigned from the state assembly
in support of the demand for a separate state.
It is for the second time that the TDP MLAs have
sought to quit their seats in the legislature to press for
Telangana statehood after the Speaker rejected their
resignations in July.
The MLAs handed over their resignations to the
Secretary of the House S Raja Sadaram as Speaker Nadendla
Manohar was not available.
The TDP legislators from Telangana held a meeting here
this morning and decided to put in their papers afresh and
even wanted the Congress MLAs from the region to quit with
Sources in the party said, they waited in the Telugu
Desam Legislature Party office for more than six hours for the
Congress MLAs to join them, but when nobody turned up, they
submitted their resignations without their company.
However, TDP MLA from Kamareddy Gampa Govardhan did
not accompany them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test