AP: 32 TDP MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: With the movement for
Telangana gathering steam, 32 MLAs from the region belonging
to main opposition TDP on Wednesday resigned from the state assembly
in support of the demand for a separate state.
It is for the second time that the TDP MLAs have
sought to quit their seats in the legislature to press for
Telangana statehood after the Speaker rejected their
resignations in July.
The MLAs handed over their resignations to the
Secretary of the House S Raja Sadaram as Speaker Nadendla
Manohar was not available.
The TDP legislators from Telangana held a meeting here
this morning and decided to put in their papers afresh and
even wanted the Congress MLAs from the region to quit with
Sources in the party said, they waited in the Telugu
Desam Legislature Party office for more than six hours for the
Congress MLAs to join them, but when nobody turned up, they
submitted their resignations without their company.
However, TDP MLA from Kamareddy Gampa Govardhan did
not accompany them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?