AP: 32 TDP MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: With the movement for
Telangana gathering steam, 32 MLAs from the region belonging
to main opposition TDP on Wednesday resigned from the state assembly
in support of the demand for a separate state.
It is for the second time that the TDP MLAs have
sought to quit their seats in the legislature to press for
Telangana statehood after the Speaker rejected their
resignations in July.
The MLAs handed over their resignations to the
Secretary of the House S Raja Sadaram as Speaker Nadendla
Manohar was not available.
The TDP legislators from Telangana held a meeting here
this morning and decided to put in their papers afresh and
even wanted the Congress MLAs from the region to quit with
Sources in the party said, they waited in the Telugu
Desam Legislature Party office for more than six hours for the
Congress MLAs to join them, but when nobody turned up, they
submitted their resignations without their company.
However, TDP MLA from Kamareddy Gampa Govardhan did
not accompany them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand