AP: 32 TDP MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: With the movement for
Telangana gathering steam, 32 MLAs from the region belonging
to main opposition TDP on Wednesday resigned from the state assembly
in support of the demand for a separate state.
It is for the second time that the TDP MLAs have
sought to quit their seats in the legislature to press for
Telangana statehood after the Speaker rejected their
resignations in July.
The MLAs handed over their resignations to the
Secretary of the House S Raja Sadaram as Speaker Nadendla
Manohar was not available.
The TDP legislators from Telangana held a meeting here
this morning and decided to put in their papers afresh and
even wanted the Congress MLAs from the region to quit with
Sources in the party said, they waited in the Telugu
Desam Legislature Party office for more than six hours for the
Congress MLAs to join them, but when nobody turned up, they
submitted their resignations without their company.
However, TDP MLA from Kamareddy Gampa Govardhan did
not accompany them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini