Army Chief visits Madras Regimental Centre
Udhgamandalam (TN): Army Chief General Bikram Singh today visited the Madras Regimental Centre at the picturesque Wellington near here in the Nilgiris District.
Singh commended the Regimental Training Centre for producing well-trained and motivated jawans, who served the nation "untiringly in counter terrorist operations and along the borders", an official communique said here.
In a brief address to the jawans, Singh lauded the efforts and sacrificed made by the regiment, the oldest of the army.
He also addressed the officers and visited the Regimental Museum.
Incidentally, the previous visit of a Chief of Army Staff was 25 years ago by Gen. K Sundarji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH