Army Chief visits Madras Regimental Centre
Udhgamandalam (TN): Army Chief General Bikram Singh today visited the Madras Regimental Centre at the picturesque Wellington near here in the Nilgiris District.
Singh commended the Regimental Training Centre for producing well-trained and motivated jawans, who served the nation "untiringly in counter terrorist operations and along the borders", an official communique said here.
In a brief address to the jawans, Singh lauded the efforts and sacrificed made by the regiment, the oldest of the army.
He also addressed the officers and visited the Regimental Museum.
Incidentally, the previous visit of a Chief of Army Staff was 25 years ago by Gen. K Sundarji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II