Army Chief visits Madras Regimental Centre
Udhgamandalam (TN): Army Chief General Bikram Singh today visited the Madras Regimental Centre at the picturesque Wellington near here in the Nilgiris District.
Singh commended the Regimental Training Centre for producing well-trained and motivated jawans, who served the nation "untiringly in counter terrorist operations and along the borders", an official communique said here.
In a brief address to the jawans, Singh lauded the efforts and sacrificed made by the regiment, the oldest of the army.
He also addressed the officers and visited the Regimental Museum.
Incidentally, the previous visit of a Chief of Army Staff was 25 years ago by Gen. K Sundarji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?