Army Chief visits Madras Regimental Centre
Udhgamandalam (TN): Army Chief General Bikram Singh today visited the Madras Regimental Centre at the picturesque Wellington near here in the Nilgiris District.
Singh commended the Regimental Training Centre for producing well-trained and motivated jawans, who served the nation "untiringly in counter terrorist operations and along the borders", an official communique said here.
In a brief address to the jawans, Singh lauded the efforts and sacrificed made by the regiment, the oldest of the army.
He also addressed the officers and visited the Regimental Museum.
Incidentally, the previous visit of a Chief of Army Staff was 25 years ago by Gen. K Sundarji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok