Arrest of man has solved many house break cases, say police
Ramanathapuram: Police here claimed to have solved several house breaking cases with the arrest of a man during patrol in Keezhakarai and recovery of 28 grams of gold and Rs 37,000 in cash from him.
The man was arrested from VAO Chavadi area last night during intensified police patrol when he was found moving in a suspicous manner. During questioning he reportedly confessed to having robbed a man of his cash and watch on May 23.
He also said he and an associate had stolen LPG cylinders from several homes in the area and had been convicted earlier and also burgled several houses in Sivaganga district.
Police said the man was nabbed when the duo were about to rob a house last night and are on the lookout for the other man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi