Arudhra Dharshan: Thousands throng Shiva temples in TN
Madurai: Thousands of devotees thronged the
Shiva temples in Madurai and other districts and offered worship during the Arudhra Dharshan festival today.
Various abhishekams using ghee, milk, curd, fruits, sugarcane juice and Sandalwood paste were performed to the Emerald Idol of Sri Nataraja at Uthigosha Mangai in Ramanathapuram district.
Similar abhishekams were performed at Sri Meenakshi temple here and Thanjavur Big Temple.
The festival is celebrated to eulogize Lord Shiva`s "cosmic dance" in the form of Nataraja. Special poojas would be performed through night.
In Uthiragosha Mangai in Ramanathapuram district devotees would be able to see highly precious emerald idol of Lord Nataraja without any covering only for a day today.
The most important Arudhra Darshan festival takes place at the Chidambaram Shiva Temple, Uthiragosha Mangai Shiva temple, and Shiva temples in general.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive