Arudhra Dharshan: Thousands throng Shiva temples in TN
Madurai: Thousands of devotees thronged the
Shiva temples in Madurai and other districts and offered worship during the Arudhra Dharshan festival today.
Various abhishekams using ghee, milk, curd, fruits, sugarcane juice and Sandalwood paste were performed to the Emerald Idol of Sri Nataraja at Uthigosha Mangai in Ramanathapuram district.
Similar abhishekams were performed at Sri Meenakshi temple here and Thanjavur Big Temple.
The festival is celebrated to eulogize Lord Shiva`s "cosmic dance" in the form of Nataraja. Special poojas would be performed through night.
In Uthiragosha Mangai in Ramanathapuram district devotees would be able to see highly precious emerald idol of Lord Nataraja without any covering only for a day today.
The most important Arudhra Darshan festival takes place at the Chidambaram Shiva Temple, Uthiragosha Mangai Shiva temple, and Shiva temples in general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'