Assembly sec can’t continue to hold addtnl charge: HC
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday observed that Puducherry Legislative Assembly Secretary R Anbajane, cannot continue to hold additional charge as Deputy Commissioner, Excise.
Justice D Hariparanthaman passed the interim order on a petition by one P Saravanan, who sought to know on what authority Anbajane was appointed as Legislative Assembly Secretary.
Anbajane, who was working as Deputy Commissioner of Excise for over 10 years had attained superannuation on July 31 this year.He was appointed in his present post on July 5, and was also holding charge of Deputy Commissioner of Excise.
Saravanan, in his petition, challenged continuation of the officer in excise beyond his superannuation and contended that it violated the fundamental rules of central government employees.
When the matter came up on Thursday, the senior government pleader submitted that a regular appointment for the Deputy Commissioner of Excise would be made within a period of three Weeks.
The judge recorded his statement and adjourned the matter by three weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read