Assembly sec can’t continue to hold addtnl charge: HC
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday observed that Puducherry Legislative Assembly Secretary R Anbajane, cannot continue to hold additional charge as Deputy Commissioner, Excise.
Justice D Hariparanthaman passed the interim order on a petition by one P Saravanan, who sought to know on what authority Anbajane was appointed as Legislative Assembly Secretary.
Anbajane, who was working as Deputy Commissioner of Excise for over 10 years had attained superannuation on July 31 this year.He was appointed in his present post on July 5, and was also holding charge of Deputy Commissioner of Excise.
Saravanan, in his petition, challenged continuation of the officer in excise beyond his superannuation and contended that it violated the fundamental rules of central government employees.
When the matter came up on Thursday, the senior government pleader submitted that a regular appointment for the Deputy Commissioner of Excise would be made within a period of three Weeks.
The judge recorded his statement and adjourned the matter by three weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery