Assembly sec can’t continue to hold addtnl charge: HC
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday observed that Puducherry Legislative Assembly Secretary R Anbajane, cannot continue to hold additional charge as Deputy Commissioner, Excise.
Justice D Hariparanthaman passed the interim order on a petition by one P Saravanan, who sought to know on what authority Anbajane was appointed as Legislative Assembly Secretary.
Anbajane, who was working as Deputy Commissioner of Excise for over 10 years had attained superannuation on July 31 this year.He was appointed in his present post on July 5, and was also holding charge of Deputy Commissioner of Excise.
Saravanan, in his petition, challenged continuation of the officer in excise beyond his superannuation and contended that it violated the fundamental rules of central government employees.
When the matter came up on Thursday, the senior government pleader submitted that a regular appointment for the Deputy Commissioner of Excise would be made within a period of three Weeks.
The judge recorded his statement and adjourned the matter by three weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city