Assure people on safety of Nuke plant: BJP
Coimbatore: The Centre should take immediate
steps to instil confidence among citizens of Idinthakarai in
Tirunvelveli on the total safety of Koodankulam Nuclear Power
Plant in view of the renewed protest by them, BJP Tamil Nadu
Unit president Pon Radhakrishnan said on Thursday.
All works related to the plant should be stopped till
clearing the doubts of the people, he told reporters here.
It was the prime duty of the Centre and state Governments
to allay fears among the people and ensure safety to them and
their belongings, he said.
Radhakrishnan, here to campaign for BJP-Kongunadu Munnetra
Kazhakam (KMK) alliance candidates for the local body polls,
said that an expert panel drawn from Nuclear field should be
asked to prepare a detailed report on all the aspects of the
plant and place it for a debate in both the Houses of
Parliament and once the people of the area gained confidence
the plant can start functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!