Assure people on safety of Nuke plant: BJP
Coimbatore: The Centre should take immediate
steps to instil confidence among citizens of Idinthakarai in
Tirunvelveli on the total safety of Koodankulam Nuclear Power
Plant in view of the renewed protest by them, BJP Tamil Nadu
Unit president Pon Radhakrishnan said on Thursday.
All works related to the plant should be stopped till
clearing the doubts of the people, he told reporters here.
It was the prime duty of the Centre and state Governments
to allay fears among the people and ensure safety to them and
their belongings, he said.
Radhakrishnan, here to campaign for BJP-Kongunadu Munnetra
Kazhakam (KMK) alliance candidates for the local body polls,
said that an expert panel drawn from Nuclear field should be
asked to prepare a detailed report on all the aspects of the
plant and place it for a debate in both the Houses of
Parliament and once the people of the area gained confidence
the plant can start functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics