Attempt to lay siege to Tamil Nadu police station
Coimbatore: As many as 20 activists of different Hindu organisations were taken into custody on Sunday, when they attempted to lay siege to a police station here, protesting against their colleagues being taken into preventive custody last night, police said
Hearing that 12 workers of BJP and RSS were taken into custody following the incident of picketing to protest setting afire of a automobile showroom at Selvapuream yesterday, about 20 activists gathered in front of Kattoor police station early in the morning and demanded that they be released immediately.
All of them were released in the afternoon, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets