Attempt to lay siege to Tamil Nadu police station
Coimbatore: As many as 20 activists of different Hindu organisations were taken into custody on Sunday, when they attempted to lay siege to a police station here, protesting against their colleagues being taken into preventive custody last night, police said
Hearing that 12 workers of BJP and RSS were taken into custody following the incident of picketing to protest setting afire of a automobile showroom at Selvapuream yesterday, about 20 activists gathered in front of Kattoor police station early in the morning and demanded that they be released immediately.
All of them were released in the afternoon, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered