Attempt to lay siege to Tamil Nadu police station
Coimbatore: As many as 20 activists of different Hindu organisations were taken into custody on Sunday, when they attempted to lay siege to a police station here, protesting against their colleagues being taken into preventive custody last night, police said
Hearing that 12 workers of BJP and RSS were taken into custody following the incident of picketing to protest setting afire of a automobile showroom at Selvapuream yesterday, about 20 activists gathered in front of Kattoor police station early in the morning and demanded that they be released immediately.
All of them were released in the afternoon, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official