Attempt to lay siege to Tamil Nadu police station
Coimbatore: As many as 20 activists of different Hindu organisations were taken into custody on Sunday, when they attempted to lay siege to a police station here, protesting against their colleagues being taken into preventive custody last night, police said
Hearing that 12 workers of BJP and RSS were taken into custody following the incident of picketing to protest setting afire of a automobile showroom at Selvapuream yesterday, about 20 activists gathered in front of Kattoor police station early in the morning and demanded that they be released immediately.
All of them were released in the afternoon, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'