Avenging triple murder, man kills brother
Udhagamandalam: Avenging a triple murder in his family, a 47-year old man allegedly killed his brother, sister-in-law and their son and attempted to end his life in a village in nearby Gudalur, police said.
Balachandran, a farmer, murdered his brother, sister-in-law and their 15-year old son in their house in Srimadurai hamlet last night, consumed poison and fled to the jungle where he was found in an unconscious condition today.
He had been admitted to the Government hospital here, police said adding they have formally arrested him.
He took the extreme step to take revenge for the murder of his wife, daughter and son some six months ago by his brother`s another son, who has since been arrested and facing trial in a court.
The two brothers had a long standing dispute over a piece of land in the hamlet, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf