Avenging triple murder, man kills brother
Udhagamandalam: Avenging a triple murder in his family, a 47-year old man allegedly killed his brother, sister-in-law and their son and attempted to end his life in a village in nearby Gudalur, police said.
Balachandran, a farmer, murdered his brother, sister-in-law and their 15-year old son in their house in Srimadurai hamlet last night, consumed poison and fled to the jungle where he was found in an unconscious condition today.
He had been admitted to the Government hospital here, police said adding they have formally arrested him.
He took the extreme step to take revenge for the murder of his wife, daughter and son some six months ago by his brother`s another son, who has since been arrested and facing trial in a court.
The two brothers had a long standing dispute over a piece of land in the hamlet, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users