Avenging triple murder, man kills brother
Udhagamandalam: Avenging a triple murder in his family, a 47-year old man allegedly killed his brother, sister-in-law and their son and attempted to end his life in a village in nearby Gudalur, police said.
Balachandran, a farmer, murdered his brother, sister-in-law and their 15-year old son in their house in Srimadurai hamlet last night, consumed poison and fled to the jungle where he was found in an unconscious condition today.
He had been admitted to the Government hospital here, police said adding they have formally arrested him.
He took the extreme step to take revenge for the murder of his wife, daughter and son some six months ago by his brother`s another son, who has since been arrested and facing trial in a court.
The two brothers had a long standing dispute over a piece of land in the hamlet, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad