Award for IIT Madras Maths Professor
Chennai: A professor from the Mathematics Department of IIT-Madras has been honoured with the "Alumni Ambassador of the City of Kaiserslautern, Germany" award.
"He is one among the four recipients, including the President of Google, Europe, and the only Indian to receive this award," a statement from IIT-Madras said.
Prof Sundar was selected by a High-level committee, comprising members from Technical University (TU) of Kaiserslautern and other technological Institutes of the city, the release said, adding, he will be receiving the award in December this year at the City of Kaiserslautern.
Sundar, a post doctoral fellow at the Department of Industrial Mathematics, TU Kaiserslautern, had been collaborating with Industrial Mathematics group of the Technical University.
- Bangladesh PM a jihadi sympathizer, says Taslima Nasreen after editor hacked to death
- Anurag Thakur presents private member bill on sports in Lok Sabha, seeks to eliminate doping practices, match fixing
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!