Award for IIT Madras Maths Professor
Chennai: A professor from the Mathematics Department of IIT-Madras has been honoured with the "Alumni Ambassador of the City of Kaiserslautern, Germany" award.
"He is one among the four recipients, including the President of Google, Europe, and the only Indian to receive this award," a statement from IIT-Madras said.
Prof Sundar was selected by a High-level committee, comprising members from Technical University (TU) of Kaiserslautern and other technological Institutes of the city, the release said, adding, he will be receiving the award in December this year at the City of Kaiserslautern.
Sundar, a post doctoral fellow at the Department of Industrial Mathematics, TU Kaiserslautern, had been collaborating with Industrial Mathematics group of the Technical University.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels