Award for IIT Madras Maths Professor
Chennai: A professor from the Mathematics Department of IIT-Madras has been honoured with the "Alumni Ambassador of the City of Kaiserslautern, Germany" award.
"He is one among the four recipients, including the President of Google, Europe, and the only Indian to receive this award," a statement from IIT-Madras said.
Prof Sundar was selected by a High-level committee, comprising members from Technical University (TU) of Kaiserslautern and other technological Institutes of the city, the release said, adding, he will be receiving the award in December this year at the City of Kaiserslautern.
Sundar, a post doctoral fellow at the Department of Industrial Mathematics, TU Kaiserslautern, had been collaborating with Industrial Mathematics group of the Technical University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei