Ayodhya verdict: Tight vigil being maintained in TN
Chennai: Tight vigil is being maintained
in Tamil Nadu and extra forces have been deployed in sensitive
cities like Coimbatore and Tirunelveli ahead of the verdict on
the Ayodhya title suit tomorrow, a top police official said.
"The entire state police of about one lakh has been
mobilised and we are deploying additional forces at hyper-
sensitive places such as Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Madurai,
Kanyakumari, Vellore and Hosur among others," ADGP (Law and
Order) K Radhakrishnan told PTI here today.
Security had been stepped up at places such as bus-
stands and religious places, he said, adding individuals
trying to disrupt normalcy tomorrow will be dealt strictly.
"The police and administration have made all
arrangements to ensure there is no untoward incidents. Peace
will be maintained," he added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah