Baalu welcomes Karuna`s assertion on naming Stalin successor
Chennai: Senior DMK leader T R Baalu on Sunday welcomed party chief M Karunanidhi`s assertion that he would name his younger son M K Stalin as his political successor, saying this would enthuse the young leader to build the party.
Making "Thalapathi" (`general`; the name by which Stalin is called by party cadres) the future of the party was a "foregone conclusion", Baalu said, adding that the decision of the DMK chief would go a long way to enthuse Stalin, now the party`s treasurer.
"Stalin has been working tirelessly, taking the party to new heights by virtue of his own sacrifice, executive talent and charisma in crowd pulling with an unblemished public face," Baalu said.
Talking to reporters after the party`s district secretaries meeting earlier in the day, Karunanidhi said if there was an opportunity to propose a name for the party president, he would propose the name of Stalin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested