Baalu welcomes Karuna`s assertion on naming Stalin successor
Chennai: Senior DMK leader T R Baalu on Sunday welcomed party chief M Karunanidhi`s assertion that he would name his younger son M K Stalin as his political successor, saying this would enthuse the young leader to build the party.
Making "Thalapathi" (`general`; the name by which Stalin is called by party cadres) the future of the party was a "foregone conclusion", Baalu said, adding that the decision of the DMK chief would go a long way to enthuse Stalin, now the party`s treasurer.
"Stalin has been working tirelessly, taking the party to new heights by virtue of his own sacrifice, executive talent and charisma in crowd pulling with an unblemished public face," Baalu said.
Talking to reporters after the party`s district secretaries meeting earlier in the day, Karunanidhi said if there was an opportunity to propose a name for the party president, he would propose the name of Stalin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader