Baalu welcomes Karuna`s assertion on naming Stalin successor
Chennai: Senior DMK leader T R Baalu on Sunday welcomed party chief M Karunanidhi`s assertion that he would name his younger son M K Stalin as his political successor, saying this would enthuse the young leader to build the party.
Making "Thalapathi" (`general`; the name by which Stalin is called by party cadres) the future of the party was a "foregone conclusion", Baalu said, adding that the decision of the DMK chief would go a long way to enthuse Stalin, now the party`s treasurer.
"Stalin has been working tirelessly, taking the party to new heights by virtue of his own sacrifice, executive talent and charisma in crowd pulling with an unblemished public face," Baalu said.
Talking to reporters after the party`s district secretaries meeting earlier in the day, Karunanidhi said if there was an opportunity to propose a name for the party president, he would propose the name of Stalin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index