Babri dispute: Over 1,000 TMMK workers demonstrate
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers, including 350
women, belonging to Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam staged a demonstration here, urging the Supreme Court to come out with an early verdict in the Babri Masjid dispute.
The demonstrators, led by P Abdul Samad, General Secretary
Manithaneya Makkal Katchi, the political wing of TMMK, raised
slogans demanding immediate arrest of BJP leaders responsible
for its demolition, as recommended by the Liberhan Commission.
Criticising Congress and the UPA government for not taking
action against BJP and RSS leaders for the `conspiracy` to
demolish the Masjid, the agitators also criticised the
Allahabad High Court verdict, police said.
PR Natarajan, CPIM MP representing Coimbatore Lok Sabha,
wished the workers success in their fight, while Periyar
Dravida Kazhakam general secretary, K Ramakrishnan extended
support for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!