Babri dispute: Over 1,000 TMMK workers demonstrate
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers, including 350
women, belonging to Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam staged a demonstration here, urging the Supreme Court to come out with an early verdict in the Babri Masjid dispute.
The demonstrators, led by P Abdul Samad, General Secretary
Manithaneya Makkal Katchi, the political wing of TMMK, raised
slogans demanding immediate arrest of BJP leaders responsible
for its demolition, as recommended by the Liberhan Commission.
Criticising Congress and the UPA government for not taking
action against BJP and RSS leaders for the `conspiracy` to
demolish the Masjid, the agitators also criticised the
Allahabad High Court verdict, police said.
PR Natarajan, CPIM MP representing Coimbatore Lok Sabha,
wished the workers success in their fight, while Periyar
Dravida Kazhakam general secretary, K Ramakrishnan extended
support for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves