Babri dispute: Over 1,000 TMMK workers demonstrate
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers, including 350
women, belonging to Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam staged a demonstration here, urging the Supreme Court to come out with an early verdict in the Babri Masjid dispute.
The demonstrators, led by P Abdul Samad, General Secretary
Manithaneya Makkal Katchi, the political wing of TMMK, raised
slogans demanding immediate arrest of BJP leaders responsible
for its demolition, as recommended by the Liberhan Commission.
Criticising Congress and the UPA government for not taking
action against BJP and RSS leaders for the `conspiracy` to
demolish the Masjid, the agitators also criticised the
Allahabad High Court verdict, police said.
PR Natarajan, CPIM MP representing Coimbatore Lok Sabha,
wished the workers success in their fight, while Periyar
Dravida Kazhakam general secretary, K Ramakrishnan extended
support for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country