Babri dispute: Over 1,000 TMMK workers demonstrate
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers, including 350
women, belonging to Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam staged a demonstration here, urging the Supreme Court to come out with an early verdict in the Babri Masjid dispute.
The demonstrators, led by P Abdul Samad, General Secretary
Manithaneya Makkal Katchi, the political wing of TMMK, raised
slogans demanding immediate arrest of BJP leaders responsible
for its demolition, as recommended by the Liberhan Commission.
Criticising Congress and the UPA government for not taking
action against BJP and RSS leaders for the `conspiracy` to
demolish the Masjid, the agitators also criticised the
Allahabad High Court verdict, police said.
PR Natarajan, CPIM MP representing Coimbatore Lok Sabha,
wished the workers success in their fight, while Periyar
Dravida Kazhakam general secretary, K Ramakrishnan extended
support for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'