Bad weather forces Jaya`s chopper to return
Coimbatore: The helicopter in which Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa was travelling to the hill resort of Kodanadu could not land there due to bad weather and returned here Friday, forcing her to travel by road, officials said.
Jayalalithaa arrived here around 11 AM by a special flight from Chennai and soon left for Kodanadu, about 80 km from here in neighbouring Nilgiris District, by a helicopter.
However, heavy mist and bad weather in and around Kodanadu forced the chopper to return to the airport here.
Later, Jayalalithaa left for Kodanadu by road, a journey of around three hours in the ghat section, they said.
The state government had yesterday announced Jayalalithaa would stay in the Kodanadu estate for a few weeks and continue to discharge her official duties from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning