Bad weather forces Jaya`s chopper to return
Coimbatore: The helicopter in which Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa was travelling to the hill resort of Kodanadu could not land there due to bad weather and returned here Friday, forcing her to travel by road, officials said.
Jayalalithaa arrived here around 11 AM by a special flight from Chennai and soon left for Kodanadu, about 80 km from here in neighbouring Nilgiris District, by a helicopter.
However, heavy mist and bad weather in and around Kodanadu forced the chopper to return to the airport here.
Later, Jayalalithaa left for Kodanadu by road, a journey of around three hours in the ghat section, they said.
The state government had yesterday announced Jayalalithaa would stay in the Kodanadu estate for a few weeks and continue to discharge her official duties from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery