Bad weather forces Jaya`s chopper to return
Coimbatore: The helicopter in which Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa was travelling to the hill resort of Kodanadu could not land there due to bad weather and returned here Friday, forcing her to travel by road, officials said.
Jayalalithaa arrived here around 11 AM by a special flight from Chennai and soon left for Kodanadu, about 80 km from here in neighbouring Nilgiris District, by a helicopter.
However, heavy mist and bad weather in and around Kodanadu forced the chopper to return to the airport here.
Later, Jayalalithaa left for Kodanadu by road, a journey of around three hours in the ghat section, they said.
The state government had yesterday announced Jayalalithaa would stay in the Kodanadu estate for a few weeks and continue to discharge her official duties from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers