Bail conditions relaxed for Raja, wife in assault case
Erode: A local court here has relaxed the
bail conditions granted to former Tamil Nadu Minister N K K P
Raja and his wife in connection with an assault case.
Raja and his wife Uma Maheshwari had surrendered before a
court at Perundurai near here on November 10 after being
granted conditional bail in the case on November 7.
Principal District Judge, Jayasankaran, before whom the
petition for bail relaxation came up yesterday, ordered Raja
to appear before the judicial magistrate at Gopichettipalayam
every Monday and Friday and sign the register.
He also directed Raja`s wife to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate at Perundurai and sign the register every Friday.
Crime-Branch CID police had filed a case against Raja for
allegedly assaulting a man, who had earlier accused him of
kidnapping and land grabbing, on October 21.
On November 7, Additional Sessions Judge V Jayaraman,
while granting conditional bail to the couple, had directed
Raja to present himself in the district court every day and
sign the register. He was also directed to surrender his
passport and gun licence.
Raja was expelled from the primary membership of DMK on
October 25 for violating party discipline. He was dropped from
the Cabinet last year following the land grabbing allegation.
Raja had sought anticipatory bail for himself and his wife
on November 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM