Bail conditions relaxed for Raja, wife in assault case
Erode: A local court here has relaxed the
bail conditions granted to former Tamil Nadu Minister N K K P
Raja and his wife in connection with an assault case.
Raja and his wife Uma Maheshwari had surrendered before a
court at Perundurai near here on November 10 after being
granted conditional bail in the case on November 7.
Principal District Judge, Jayasankaran, before whom the
petition for bail relaxation came up yesterday, ordered Raja
to appear before the judicial magistrate at Gopichettipalayam
every Monday and Friday and sign the register.
He also directed Raja`s wife to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate at Perundurai and sign the register every Friday.
Crime-Branch CID police had filed a case against Raja for
allegedly assaulting a man, who had earlier accused him of
kidnapping and land grabbing, on October 21.
On November 7, Additional Sessions Judge V Jayaraman,
while granting conditional bail to the couple, had directed
Raja to present himself in the district court every day and
sign the register. He was also directed to surrender his
passport and gun licence.
Raja was expelled from the primary membership of DMK on
October 25 for violating party discipline. He was dropped from
the Cabinet last year following the land grabbing allegation.
Raja had sought anticipatory bail for himself and his wife
on November 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Fitness goals! See how Akshay Kumar celebrated 'International handstand day'
- German officials warn against EU ''revenge'' for UK Brexit vote
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city