Bail plea of Sasikala`s relative dismissed
Coimbatore: A district court on Monday dismissed
the petition filed by Ravanan, a close relative of Sasikala,
the estranged aide of AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa, seeking
bail in a case of alleged cheating of a contractor to the tune
of 10 lakh.
When the petition came up for hearing, the Principal
District Judge, Adinathan dismissed it as the prosecution
argued that if released on bail the accused would hamper with
the evidence, since two more persons have to be taken into
custody for investigation.
Ravanan was arrested on January 27 on charges of abduction for
ransom, extortion and criminal conspiracy.
The arrest followed a complaint by one Ravikumar, a
contractor at Sirumugai in the district, that he was abducted
by him on Oct nine last and Rs 10 lakh was sought as ransom
for his release and to continue his business, police said.
As he was kept in captivity in a oil godown, his friend
delivered the money, Ravikumar said in his complaint.
Chennai police, with whom one Krishnamurthy had filed a
case of cheating against Ravanan, took him to Chennai for
investigation last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan