Bangalore bomb aftermath: Police check vehicles at Chennai airport
Chennai: Checking of vehicles at the airport has been stepped up as part of tightened security measures in the wake of the Bangalore blast, officials sources said on Tuesday.
Security was tight today especially with the Rajasthan Royals IPL team scheduled to leave after their match against Chennai Super Kings last night, they said.
Security has been scaled up following the April 17 blast outside the BJP office that left 16 persons injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video