Bangladeshi man tries to sneak into port, nabbed
Chennai: A Bangladeshi national has been detained after he allegedly tried to enter Ennore Port by swimming to the wharf area, police said on Sunday.
The man, identified as Alam, was nabbed when he was swimming close to the wharf late last night.
The incident, coming 10 days after the Chennai twin blasts on a train, which killed one person and injured 14 others, has kept police on tenterhooks.
A senior police official privy to the probe told that preliminary investigations revealed he had sneaked into India through the West Bengal border, seeking employment.
It is not clear how he reached Chennai, why he tried to enter Ennore Port without permission and at such an odd hour. Ennore port, now renamed Kamarajar Port, is the third major port of Tamil Nadu.
"He could speak only Bengali and we are questioning him with the help of officials who know the language," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'