Bangladeshi man tries to sneak into port, nabbed
Chennai: A Bangladeshi national has been detained after he allegedly tried to enter Ennore Port by swimming to the wharf area, police said on Sunday.
The man, identified as Alam, was nabbed when he was swimming close to the wharf late last night.
The incident, coming 10 days after the Chennai twin blasts on a train, which killed one person and injured 14 others, has kept police on tenterhooks.
A senior police official privy to the probe told that preliminary investigations revealed he had sneaked into India through the West Bengal border, seeking employment.
It is not clear how he reached Chennai, why he tried to enter Ennore Port without permission and at such an odd hour. Ennore port, now renamed Kamarajar Port, is the third major port of Tamil Nadu.
"He could speak only Bengali and we are questioning him with the help of officials who know the language," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch