Banking, postal services hit on 2nd day of strike in TN
Chennai: Banking and postal services continued to be affected while shops remained open and transport services plied normally in Tamil Nadu on the second day of the strike called by trade unions across the country.
Members of the protesting trade unions, including AITUC, United Forum of Bank Unions and other associations staged demonstrations in various parts of the city.
Even though a section labour unions representing employees of country`s largest passenger car maker Maruti Udyog at its plants in Manesar and Gurgaon joined the strike with Unions of HeroMotoCorp, workers at the factory here attended for duty. Some of the unions, however, conducted a demonstration as part of extending their support to the strike.
The union representatives of Hyundai Motor India Employees and Ford Motor India, which have manufacturing facilities at Sriperumbudur and Maraimalai Nagar near here, have decided to conduct a mass rally today in view of the strike.
Transaction of cheques worth Rs 3000 crore in Chennai were affected today while most of the ATMs of several banks dried out due to lack of cash.
While train services remained unaffected, inter-State buses of government-owned Transport Corporation partially did not operate, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death