Batcha autopsy doctor can’t contest polls
Chennai: The nomination of Dr V Dekal, who had
performed post-mortem on the body of Sadik Batcha, a close
aide of former Union Telecom Minister A Raja who is in jail in
connection with 2G spectrum allocation scam, has been rejected
on various grounds, officials said on Tuesday.
Dekal`s nomintaion, filed as an independent from the
suburban Maduravoyal constituency for the April 13 Tamil Nadu
assembly polls, had been rejected on grounds including his
failure to provide proof of him being relieved from government
service, official sources said.
"Though Dekal submitted that he had resigned, he however
did not attach any proof of being relieved from service," the
Further, he failed to furnish proof of his claim that he
was a voter from Ulunthoorpettai segment and had also not
signed in the nomination papers, they said.
Dekal, who had performed the post-mortem on the body of
Batcha, found hanging at his house on March 16, had submitted
his resignation in the first week of March. However, the state
government had turned it down citing paucity of staff and that
he did not give a sufficient notice period.
Dekal had last week moved the High Court seeking a
direction to consider his resignation since no action had been
taken by the authorities concerned. The court had directed the
Director of Public Health to consider the resignation and pass
orders in accordance with law.
After the autopsy Dekal had said Batcha`s death was due to
asphyxia and his body showed compression of the neck with
hanging mark and that the cause of death cannot be confirmed
till the forensic report was received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack