Batcha autopsy doctor can’t contest polls
Chennai: The nomination of Dr V Dekal, who had
performed post-mortem on the body of Sadik Batcha, a close
aide of former Union Telecom Minister A Raja who is in jail in
connection with 2G spectrum allocation scam, has been rejected
on various grounds, officials said on Tuesday.
Dekal`s nomintaion, filed as an independent from the
suburban Maduravoyal constituency for the April 13 Tamil Nadu
assembly polls, had been rejected on grounds including his
failure to provide proof of him being relieved from government
service, official sources said.
"Though Dekal submitted that he had resigned, he however
did not attach any proof of being relieved from service," the
Further, he failed to furnish proof of his claim that he
was a voter from Ulunthoorpettai segment and had also not
signed in the nomination papers, they said.
Dekal, who had performed the post-mortem on the body of
Batcha, found hanging at his house on March 16, had submitted
his resignation in the first week of March. However, the state
government had turned it down citing paucity of staff and that
he did not give a sufficient notice period.
Dekal had last week moved the High Court seeking a
direction to consider his resignation since no action had been
taken by the authorities concerned. The court had directed the
Director of Public Health to consider the resignation and pass
orders in accordance with law.
After the autopsy Dekal had said Batcha`s death was due to
asphyxia and his body showed compression of the neck with
hanging mark and that the cause of death cannot be confirmed
till the forensic report was received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj