Batcha autopsy doctor to fight Tamil Nadu poll
Chennai: Notwithstanding rejection of his
resignation by the Tamil Nadu government, Dr V Dekal, who
performed the post-mortem on the body of Sadiq Batcha, a close
aide of former Telecom Minister A Raja, on Saturday filed his
nomination for the April 13 Assembly polls as an independent.
The forty three-year-old forensic expert is seeking
election from Maduravoyal constituency.
A native of Villupuram and hailing from a political family,
Dr Dekal said he could resign anytime as he was a temporary
staff and charged officials with `deliberately` delaying and
then rejecting his resignation.
Dr Dekal, who had performed the post-mortem on the body of
Batcha, found hanging at his house, had submitted his
resignation in the first week of March. However the state
government had turned it down citing paucity of staff and that
he did not give a sufficient notice period.
Dekal had last week moved the High Court seeking a
direction to consider his resignation since no action had been
taken by the authorities concerned. The court had directed the
Director of Public Health to consider the resignation and pass
orders in accordance with law.
After the autopsy, Dr Dekal had said Batcha`s death was
due to asphyxia and his body showed compression of the neck
with hanging mark and that the cause of death cannot be
confirmed till the forensic report was received.
Batcha (38) was Managing Director of Greenhouse Promoters,
a firm under the scanner of CBI and Enforcement Directorate in
connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
Batcha, whose official and residential premises were
raided by CBI and who was questioned at least four times in
the last two months, had left a suicide note in which he had
stated he was "embarrassed" by the raids and the extensive
According to the affidavit filed during his nomination,
Dekal`s annual income was Rs 4.21 lakh and that of his spouse,
Rs 3.78 lakh. He had no cases against him.
His gross total value of movable assets were Rs 30,000 and
he had a car loan and a housing loan and had immovable assets
valued at Rs 24.50 lakh as per the current market value.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter