Batcha autopsy doctor to fight Tamil Nadu poll
Chennai: Notwithstanding rejection of his
resignation by the Tamil Nadu government, Dr V Dekal, who
performed the post-mortem on the body of Sadiq Batcha, a close
aide of former Telecom Minister A Raja, on Saturday filed his
nomination for the April 13 Assembly polls as an independent.
The forty three-year-old forensic expert is seeking
election from Maduravoyal constituency.
A native of Villupuram and hailing from a political family,
Dr Dekal said he could resign anytime as he was a temporary
staff and charged officials with `deliberately` delaying and
then rejecting his resignation.
Dr Dekal, who had performed the post-mortem on the body of
Batcha, found hanging at his house, had submitted his
resignation in the first week of March. However the state
government had turned it down citing paucity of staff and that
he did not give a sufficient notice period.
Dekal had last week moved the High Court seeking a
direction to consider his resignation since no action had been
taken by the authorities concerned. The court had directed the
Director of Public Health to consider the resignation and pass
orders in accordance with law.
After the autopsy, Dr Dekal had said Batcha`s death was
due to asphyxia and his body showed compression of the neck
with hanging mark and that the cause of death cannot be
confirmed till the forensic report was received.
Batcha (38) was Managing Director of Greenhouse Promoters,
a firm under the scanner of CBI and Enforcement Directorate in
connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
Batcha, whose official and residential premises were
raided by CBI and who was questioned at least four times in
the last two months, had left a suicide note in which he had
stated he was "embarrassed" by the raids and the extensive
According to the affidavit filed during his nomination,
Dekal`s annual income was Rs 4.21 lakh and that of his spouse,
Rs 3.78 lakh. He had no cases against him.
His gross total value of movable assets were Rs 30,000 and
he had a car loan and a housing loan and had immovable assets
valued at Rs 24.50 lakh as per the current market value.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'