Bench sets aside single judge order giving AUT
Madurai: Madras High Court bench on Wednesday set aside a Single Judge`s order giving a positive direction to Anna University of Technology to grant provisional affiliation to Daya College of Engineering, run by former Union Minister M K Algiri`s Educational trust, for the 2013-14 academic year.
Justices N Paul Vasanthakumar and P Devadoss said the college should have cooperated in conducting the inspection, but the management had refused to permit University officials enter the college and do so.
The bench said once it is held that All India Council for Technical Education and AUT should work in tandem and their functions were complementary to each other, AUT was within its rights to conduct inspection to satisfy if infrastructural and instructional facilities shown for grant of approval are still available to run the college to enable grant of affiliation.
The Judges also set aside a single judge`s order awarding costs of Rs 25,000 to be paid to Dhaya college of engineering.
The bench also set aside AUT`s order, rejecting grant of affiliation on May 20 2013 and restored the application filed by the college with a direction to AUT to depute an inspection team to the college to compare and verify availability of infrastructural and instructional facilities, including faculty and pass fresh orders within 10 days.
The University should intimate the inspection date to the college three days in advance and the college should cooperate for inspection, the judges said.
AUT had appealed against the single judge`s order,quashing its order, rejecting affiliation and directing AUT to grant it and allot counselling code to enable the college participate in counselling and admit students in five engineering programmes under management quota with a cost of Rs 25,000.
Earlier a single judge had passed another order directing AUT to consider the college plea to grant affiliation for 2012-13. AUT`s appeal against it was dismissed as infructuous.
The college submitted it had fulfilled all defects pointed out by the inspection team, but affiliation was being delayed for `political reasons`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know