Bench sets aside single judge order giving AUT
Madurai: Madras High Court bench on Wednesday set aside a Single Judge`s order giving a positive direction to Anna University of Technology to grant provisional affiliation to Daya College of Engineering, run by former Union Minister M K Algiri`s Educational trust, for the 2013-14 academic year.
Justices N Paul Vasanthakumar and P Devadoss said the college should have cooperated in conducting the inspection, but the management had refused to permit University officials enter the college and do so.
The bench said once it is held that All India Council for Technical Education and AUT should work in tandem and their functions were complementary to each other, AUT was within its rights to conduct inspection to satisfy if infrastructural and instructional facilities shown for grant of approval are still available to run the college to enable grant of affiliation.
The Judges also set aside a single judge`s order awarding costs of Rs 25,000 to be paid to Dhaya college of engineering.
The bench also set aside AUT`s order, rejecting grant of affiliation on May 20 2013 and restored the application filed by the college with a direction to AUT to depute an inspection team to the college to compare and verify availability of infrastructural and instructional facilities, including faculty and pass fresh orders within 10 days.
The University should intimate the inspection date to the college three days in advance and the college should cooperate for inspection, the judges said.
AUT had appealed against the single judge`s order,quashing its order, rejecting affiliation and directing AUT to grant it and allot counselling code to enable the college participate in counselling and admit students in five engineering programmes under management quota with a cost of Rs 25,000.
Earlier a single judge had passed another order directing AUT to consider the college plea to grant affiliation for 2012-13. AUT`s appeal against it was dismissed as infructuous.
The college submitted it had fulfilled all defects pointed out by the inspection team, but affiliation was being delayed for `political reasons`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor