Bill for right to justice on the anvil: Moily
Chennai: A bill ensuring right to justice
for all was in the offing for building an inclusive society,
Union law Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Saturday.
"Just like the right to education and right to health,
there is a need for the country to have a right to justice,"
he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
"This is a right which should be given to every citizen
of this country and this is how an inclusive society has to be
built regarding justice delivery system and make justice
available and accessible to everyone," he said.
However, he declined to give a timeframe for tabling the
bill in Parliament, saying the draft has to first undergo
changes and be presented to the Cabinet.
Earlier, in his address at the Jain International Trade
Organisation 2011 (JITO) summit, Moily said his ministry was
trying to evolve a system where India would produce the best
lawyers and advocates at the global level on the lines of
quality IT professionals.
He also said his ministry was taking all steps to ensure
free and fair elections sans muscle and money power and
bereft of communal influence.
A roadmap in this regard would soon be unveiled at the
end of a series of electoral reforms conferences, whose
implementation would ensure free and fair elections, he added.
He also reiterated his government`s focus on decreasing
the pendency rate of cases in various courts in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP