Binge drinking claims two lives in TN
Erode (TN): In a case of binge drinking, two youths died after they gulped down too many glasses of liquor at a state-run retail outlet in the district, police said.
24-year old Anandan, an autorickshaw driver, and his friend Balamurugan (26), an ambulance driver, had gone to the Indian Made Foreign Liquor outlet of TASMAC in Bhavani town on Sunday evening and consumed liquor in excess.
Soon both of them fainted and were rushed to a hospital. But Anandan died on the way while his friend breathed his last at a private hospital last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured