Binge drinking claims two lives in TN
Erode (TN): In a case of binge drinking, two youths died after they gulped down too many glasses of liquor at a state-run retail outlet in the district, police said.
24-year old Anandan, an autorickshaw driver, and his friend Balamurugan (26), an ambulance driver, had gone to the Indian Made Foreign Liquor outlet of TASMAC in Bhavani town on Sunday evening and consumed liquor in excess.
Soon both of them fainted and were rushed to a hospital. But Anandan died on the way while his friend breathed his last at a private hospital last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year
- J&K govt orders probe into Humhama land grabbing issue