Binge drinking claims two lives in TN
Erode (TN): In a case of binge drinking, two youths died after they gulped down too many glasses of liquor at a state-run retail outlet in the district, police said.
24-year old Anandan, an autorickshaw driver, and his friend Balamurugan (26), an ambulance driver, had gone to the Indian Made Foreign Liquor outlet of TASMAC in Bhavani town on Sunday evening and consumed liquor in excess.
Soon both of them fainted and were rushed to a hospital. But Anandan died on the way while his friend breathed his last at a private hospital last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city