BJP forms three-member team to enquire into death of TN leader
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh has constituted a three-member team to enquire into the murder of its Tamil Nadu unit general secretary V Ramesh in Salem.
Rajya Sabha member and party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar is the convenor of the team which includes party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman and Karnataka MP Anant Hegde.
Singh has asked the team to submit a report about the facts of the incident at the earliest, sources said.
The BJP had earlier condemned the murder and said that its activists have been attacked in Tamil Nadu in the recent past on several occasions.
V Ramesh was attacked and killed close to his home and office in Salem in Tamil Nadu. Another Party leader V Arvind had also been attacked and killed in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming