BJP forms three-member team to enquire into death of TN leader
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh has constituted a three-member team to enquire into the murder of its Tamil Nadu unit general secretary V Ramesh in Salem.
Rajya Sabha member and party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar is the convenor of the team which includes party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman and Karnataka MP Anant Hegde.
Singh has asked the team to submit a report about the facts of the incident at the earliest, sources said.
The BJP had earlier condemned the murder and said that its activists have been attacked in Tamil Nadu in the recent past on several occasions.
V Ramesh was attacked and killed close to his home and office in Salem in Tamil Nadu. Another Party leader V Arvind had also been attacked and killed in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures