BJP forms three-member team to enquire into death of TN leader
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh has constituted a three-member team to enquire into the murder of its Tamil Nadu unit general secretary V Ramesh in Salem.
Rajya Sabha member and party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar is the convenor of the team which includes party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman and Karnataka MP Anant Hegde.
Singh has asked the team to submit a report about the facts of the incident at the earliest, sources said.
The BJP had earlier condemned the murder and said that its activists have been attacked in Tamil Nadu in the recent past on several occasions.
V Ramesh was attacked and killed close to his home and office in Salem in Tamil Nadu. Another Party leader V Arvind had also been attacked and killed in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years