BJP forms three-member team to enquire into death of TN leader
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh has constituted a three-member team to enquire into the murder of its Tamil Nadu unit general secretary V Ramesh in Salem.
Rajya Sabha member and party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar is the convenor of the team which includes party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman and Karnataka MP Anant Hegde.
Singh has asked the team to submit a report about the facts of the incident at the earliest, sources said.
The BJP had earlier condemned the murder and said that its activists have been attacked in Tamil Nadu in the recent past on several occasions.
V Ramesh was attacked and killed close to his home and office in Salem in Tamil Nadu. Another Party leader V Arvind had also been attacked and killed in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown