BJP forms three-member team to enquire into death of TN leader
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh has constituted a three-member team to enquire into the murder of its Tamil Nadu unit general secretary V Ramesh in Salem.
Rajya Sabha member and party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar is the convenor of the team which includes party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman and Karnataka MP Anant Hegde.
Singh has asked the team to submit a report about the facts of the incident at the earliest, sources said.
The BJP had earlier condemned the murder and said that its activists have been attacked in Tamil Nadu in the recent past on several occasions.
V Ramesh was attacked and killed close to his home and office in Salem in Tamil Nadu. Another Party leader V Arvind had also been attacked and killed in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months