BJP holds talks with PMK, DMDK on seat sharing
Chennai: After successfully sewing up a formidable alliance with two local outfits ahead of the April 24 Lok Sabha election in Tamil Nadu, the BJP today commenced talks on seat sharing with DMDK and PMK.
A team of PMK office-bearers led by its president G K Mani met state unit BJP State president Pon Radhakrishnan for parleys.
PMK sources hoped that the entire exercise of finalising seat sharing pact would be completed in a few days.
Later BJP leaders, including Pon Radhakrishnan, held talks with DMDK functionaries at the latter`s office. Besides PMK and DMDK, outfits such as MDMK, Indiya Jananayaka Katchi (IJK) and Konganadu Party would also be part of the alliance.
The BJP leaders would also hold consultations with these parties, sources said. "We are confident that all issues would be addressed and the alliance is expected to take shape in two-three days. We want Rajnath Singh to formally announce it and we have conveyed the same to him," Radhakrishnan told reporters here.
Meanwhile, speculation is rife that BJP and PMK will get eight seats each, MDMK seven and the lion`s share of 14 seats going to the Vijayakanth-led DMDK and the rest to smaller parties like the IJK out of 39 constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India