BJP questions silence of PM, Sonia on Shinde`s remarks
Tiruchirappalli (TN): Questioning the silence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chief Sonia Gandhi on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s remarks on terror against BJP and RSS, senior party leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said the party would continue to demand his apology or sacking.
"The allegation made by the Union Home Minister is a serious one. He should withdraw and apologise or the Prime Minister should sack him," he said referring to Shinde`s remarks that BJP and RSS were involved in training their cadre in terror activities.
Naidu, also Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs, told reporters here the government would have a "tough" time in the coming budget session of Parliament for making such "irresponsible" comments against BJP, which is ruling eight states and had ruled the nation also in the past.
He also said Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh were behind such statements made by Shinde. That was the reason why they were silent, he said adding Shinde`s statement had given a fillip to Pakistan-based terrorists.
He reiterated that BJP would not participate in any of the meetings convened by Shinde. The government should take a decision on Shinde`s statement against BJP and RSS.
On Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, Naidu said he was being projected as a Prime Ministerial candidate only by the media. The BJP`s candidate would be revealed at the appropriate time.
On the UPA`s farm loan waiver scheme, he said the CAG had pointed out 20 per cent of the waiver had not reached the beneficiaries. "We will expose and pull up Chidambaram in the next Parliament session," Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores