BJP should answer for oppn to Rajapakse`s visit
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said BJP should answer in the backdrop of opposition to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse`s proposed visit later this month to India.
"The BJP should answer... He is visiting a BJP-ruled state (of Madhya Pradesh)," he told reporters here.
The Sri Lankan president is scheduled to visit Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh for a Buddhist function on September 21. Pro-Tamil leaders, including MDMK founder Vaiko had alleged the Lankan leader was invited by BJP`s Sushma Swaraj, which has been denied by the party.
Opposing training of Sri Lankan military personnel in India, Vasan however criticised the recent attacks on pilgrims of that country who were on a tour of Tamil Nadu to visit a holy shrine, besides the state government ordering the return of Sri Lankan football players.
He slammed the opposition BJP for stalling Parliament proceedings during the just concluded monsoon session and said though government was prepared to discuss issues (like `Coalgate`) the Opposition did not allow it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar