BJP should answer for oppn to Rajapakse`s visit
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said BJP should answer in the backdrop of opposition to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse`s proposed visit later this month to India.
"The BJP should answer... He is visiting a BJP-ruled state (of Madhya Pradesh)," he told reporters here.
The Sri Lankan president is scheduled to visit Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh for a Buddhist function on September 21. Pro-Tamil leaders, including MDMK founder Vaiko had alleged the Lankan leader was invited by BJP`s Sushma Swaraj, which has been denied by the party.
Opposing training of Sri Lankan military personnel in India, Vasan however criticised the recent attacks on pilgrims of that country who were on a tour of Tamil Nadu to visit a holy shrine, besides the state government ordering the return of Sri Lankan football players.
He slammed the opposition BJP for stalling Parliament proceedings during the just concluded monsoon session and said though government was prepared to discuss issues (like `Coalgate`) the Opposition did not allow it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured