BJP should answer for oppn to Rajapakse`s visit
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said BJP should answer in the backdrop of opposition to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse`s proposed visit later this month to India.
"The BJP should answer... He is visiting a BJP-ruled state (of Madhya Pradesh)," he told reporters here.
The Sri Lankan president is scheduled to visit Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh for a Buddhist function on September 21. Pro-Tamil leaders, including MDMK founder Vaiko had alleged the Lankan leader was invited by BJP`s Sushma Swaraj, which has been denied by the party.
Opposing training of Sri Lankan military personnel in India, Vasan however criticised the recent attacks on pilgrims of that country who were on a tour of Tamil Nadu to visit a holy shrine, besides the state government ordering the return of Sri Lankan football players.
He slammed the opposition BJP for stalling Parliament proceedings during the just concluded monsoon session and said though government was prepared to discuss issues (like `Coalgate`) the Opposition did not allow it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why