BJP slams Cong-led UPA, DMK on Lankan Tamils issue
Madurai: Slamming the Congress-led UPA and its southern ally DMK on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, BJP on Thursday said the Centre should take all steps for the rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
"The continued attacks on Indian fishermen has made a nuclear power like India become a laughing stock due to such attacks from a small country," a resolution adopted at the state conference of the party`s state unit here said.
It blamed the ruling Congress for such a situation.
India voting against Sri Lanka by supporting a US-sponsored resolution in the United Nations Human rights council for alleged war crimes was not enough and it should do more even as the country`s efforts to build 50,000 houses in Lanka was not on track , it said.
"This conference condemns the Congress-DMK combine which has so far not bothered about the Sri Lankan Tamils," it said, adding, the Centre should now take all steps for the rehabilitation of the Lankan Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says