BJP slams Cong-led UPA, DMK on Lankan Tamils issue
Madurai: Slamming the Congress-led UPA and its southern ally DMK on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, BJP on Thursday said the Centre should take all steps for the rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
"The continued attacks on Indian fishermen has made a nuclear power like India become a laughing stock due to such attacks from a small country," a resolution adopted at the state conference of the party`s state unit here said.
It blamed the ruling Congress for such a situation.
India voting against Sri Lanka by supporting a US-sponsored resolution in the United Nations Human rights council for alleged war crimes was not enough and it should do more even as the country`s efforts to build 50,000 houses in Lanka was not on track , it said.
"This conference condemns the Congress-DMK combine which has so far not bothered about the Sri Lankan Tamils," it said, adding, the Centre should now take all steps for the rehabilitation of the Lankan Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!