BJP slams Cong-led UPA, DMK on Lankan Tamils issue
Madurai: Slamming the Congress-led UPA and its southern ally DMK on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, BJP on Thursday said the Centre should take all steps for the rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
"The continued attacks on Indian fishermen has made a nuclear power like India become a laughing stock due to such attacks from a small country," a resolution adopted at the state conference of the party`s state unit here said.
It blamed the ruling Congress for such a situation.
India voting against Sri Lanka by supporting a US-sponsored resolution in the United Nations Human rights council for alleged war crimes was not enough and it should do more even as the country`s efforts to build 50,000 houses in Lanka was not on track , it said.
"This conference condemns the Congress-DMK combine which has so far not bothered about the Sri Lankan Tamils," it said, adding, the Centre should now take all steps for the rehabilitation of the Lankan Tamils.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma