BJP TN unit conference postponed to May 10
Madurai: The two-day state-level conference of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit which was slated here for Saturday has been postponed due to heavy rains early this week and would now be held from May 10.
Top leaders, including Nitin Gadkari , LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj and others are scheduled to attend it, party national Secretary Muralidhar Rao said on Saturday.
The conference was postponed following heavy rains earlier this week inundating the venue.
Announcing the new dates for the meet, Rao told reporters here that the Conference would change the `political landscape` of the state and also ensure that the people understand about the party better.
Rao said the conference was being held to demonstrate that BJP was preparing to play a bigger role in Tamil Nadu and in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter