BJP TN unit conference postponed to May 10
Madurai: The two-day state-level conference of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit which was slated here for Saturday has been postponed due to heavy rains early this week and would now be held from May 10.
Top leaders, including Nitin Gadkari , LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj and others are scheduled to attend it, party national Secretary Muralidhar Rao said on Saturday.
The conference was postponed following heavy rains earlier this week inundating the venue.
Announcing the new dates for the meet, Rao told reporters here that the Conference would change the `political landscape` of the state and also ensure that the people understand about the party better.
Rao said the conference was being held to demonstrate that BJP was preparing to play a bigger role in Tamil Nadu and in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre