BJP TN unit conference postponed to May 10
Madurai: The two-day state-level conference of BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit which was slated here for Saturday has been postponed due to heavy rains early this week and would now be held from May 10.
Top leaders, including Nitin Gadkari , LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj and others are scheduled to attend it, party national Secretary Muralidhar Rao said on Saturday.
The conference was postponed following heavy rains earlier this week inundating the venue.
Announcing the new dates for the meet, Rao told reporters here that the Conference would change the `political landscape` of the state and also ensure that the people understand about the party better.
Rao said the conference was being held to demonstrate that BJP was preparing to play a bigger role in Tamil Nadu and in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab