BJP upset at DMDK, decision on alliance in Tamil Nadu soon
Chennai: The BJP cadres in Tamil Nadu are upset at the manner in which actor-turned-politician A Vijayakant floated the DMDK party, unilaterally announced its candidates and began the campaign on Friday for the Lok Sabha elections, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The party cadres are really upset at the attitude of DMDK. The 10 percent vote share that the party is said to command should be discounted as a large number of its legislative assembly members are not with the party," the party leader told a news agency, not wanting to be named.
According to the senior leader, some more DMDK legislators are expected to lend their support to the ruling AIAMK prior to or after the general elections.
The DMDK`s slight of declaring its list of candidates from five constituencies for which there are other claimants is not being taken lightly by the Bharatiya Janata Party leaders and cadres.
The BJP leaders discomfort was evident when they addressed the media here on Friday night. P Muralidhar Rao, general secretary and state-in-charge, said a report will be submitted to the party`s central election committee for further action.
"The decision of the party president Rajnath Singh will be final," Rao said.
"Forming an alliance is an effort by all parties concerned. Further sustaining the alliance also depends on all the parties," he added.
The BJP is expected to take a decision on its Tamil Nadu front on Saturday.
The party is trying to weave an alliance comprising of DMDK, PMK, MDMK and a couple of other parties.
"The PMK is more cooperative than the DMDK. The undeniable fact is that there is Modi wave in Tamil Nadu which in turn will increase our vote share," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you